Space Nerd, Coder, Recycler
Hi! I'm Blake!
I am a sophomore at Stanford University interested in being a leader who helps to push the boundaries of what humans consider possible. I'm interested in the future of space exploration, more sustainable technologies here on Earth, and making computers do more work for us (safely).
Check out my resume for a complete bio, but here are some highlights:
- Research Intern at Stanford Propulsion and Space Exploration Lab - 2018
- Created demonstration hybrid fuel rocket motor for new Aeronautics and Astronautics classes
- Worked with electronics controls, propellant plumbing, and propulsion mechanics on tens of hybrid motor test fires
- First author on paper published in Astrophysical Journal - 2017
- Researched the observational signatures of high mass planets through hydrodynamic and radiative transfer models, working heavily with Python and Fortran code.
- Collaborated with four professional research scientists in person at Cal State Northridge/JPL and remotely from New York.
- Educational Program Organizer at Curious-on-Hudson - 2017
- Developed and led an astronomy-based workshop series for elementary schoolers in my local area.
- Entailed providing a high-level summary of the current state of astronomical research and creating hands-on projects to illustrate concepts.
- Regeneron Science Talent Search National Finalist (2017), Destination Imagination Global Finalist (2017), Eagle Scout (2014)